New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation Presents
Stephanie Woodward, Esq.,
Information For Attendees and Group Coordinators
We recommend that Legislative Day attendees purchase breakfast items before entering the Capitol Complex or at one of the Concourse cafeterias before the event. You are welcome to bring food and beverage items into the Convention Center. Coffee, tea and water will be provided in the convention hall throughout the event.
A box lunch (sandwich or salad, chips, cookie and bottled water) can be pre-purchased for $15.00. If you do not want to purchase a box lunch you may either find lunch at one of the concourse cafeterias or bring your own from home.
Capitol Security and Parking
New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation will no longer be offering shuttle busing to the Convention Center. NYFRF recommends parking in the garage located beneath the Empire State Plaza in the V-Lot. This parking area is accessible through the I-787 Empire State Plaza exit. Please note that putting “The Egg” or “Empire State Plaza” into GPS, Google Maps or other mapping systems will not bring you to this parking area. The GPS coordinates for the V-Lot parking area are N 42.650674, W 73.760061.
Visitors are required to show photo identification upon entry and all vehicles are subject to search by the State Police. Vehicles can expect to pay $10.00 upon entry to the V-Lot. Though the parking garage does take credit card, having exact cash ready will help move this process along more quickly.
Please plan to arrive before 8:00 AM to find adequate parking.
Additional parking information is available at https://ogs.ny.gov/ESP/Parking.asp.
Please keep in mind that you will be representing Christ before your elected officials. Modest business attire is requested.
All Legislative Day attendees, regardless of age, will participate in the general sessions. Please be advised that some content may be mature so we strongly advise that Legislative Day attendees be senior high school students or older.
New Yorker's Family Research Foundation is offering a free registration for every group of ten. If you bring ten registrants, an eleventh person attends free. If you bring twenty, you are entitled to two free registrations, and so on. We hope this is an encouragement to you in your recruiting efforts. Please call our office with any questions or concerns at (585) 225-2220. Registrations can be submitted:
- By postal mail: NYFRF, PO Box 131, Spencerport, NY 14559
- Online: Coordinators can also register groups of up to one hundred members online at NewYorkFamilies.org. If you register your group online, later additions to the group cannot be made online, but can be made by postal mail or by calling the office at (585) 225-2220. Groups larger than one hundred must be sent by postal mail.
- By fax: (585) 225-2810
- When arriving at the Convention Center, go to the registration table for instructions. Tables will be marked with your group name. It would be wise to arrive by 7:30 AM so that your group will be seated by our start time of 9:00 AM.
- Please return your list of attendees by March 8, 2019. We will take additions to your group after this date, but it is very helpful for planning purposes if we can receive registrations by this date.
- Download Group Registration Form
- Register Your Group Online
Group Coordinators' Responsibilities
- Please include a name (church, organization or individual) by which you would like your group identified. Your group will be seated together by this name. Make sure all registrants in your group know the group name so they can find their seating.
- Arrange for transportation as a group (optional). Split transportation costs with those riding, if renting a bus or carpooling. Parking for buses is available but needs prior approval by the City of Albany. If you are planning on a bus, please contact our office and we will guide you through this process.
- New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation will no longer be offering shuttle busing to the Convention Center. Attendees can expect to pay $10.00 per vehicle per day in the Empire State Plaza parking garage.
- Collect registrations. Have registrants make checks payable to NYFRF, but do not include transportation costs in the portion you send to NYFRF.
- Group coordinators should clearly identify if there are any pastors, pastoral spouses, or students in their group. Questions? Call or email Linda at (585) 225-2220 or Linda@NewYorkFamilies.org.
Upon request, New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation (NYFRF) will provide refunds to persons who have purchased tickets for Legislative Day, providing that the refund request is communicated to our office no later than seventy-two (72) hours prior to Legislative Day. NYFRF does not provide refunds based upon inclement weather, as our financial obligations for Legislative Day (including the cost of renting the Empire State Plaza Convention Center) remain the same regardless of weather conditions. NYFRF appreciates your understanding and support in regard to our refund procedure.
Previously, New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation has negotiated special Legislative Day rates at the Albany Ramada Plaza (3 Watervliet Ave. Extension, Albany, NY 12206). Unfortunately, for various reasons, we will no longer be holding a block of rooms at this hotel. However, if you have enjoyed staying there in the past, you can still reach the Ramada at (518) 438-8431. Additionally, Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany (216 Wolf Rd, Albany, NY 12205) at (518) 438-4300, Hotel Indigo (661 Albany Shaker Rd, Latham, NY 12110) at (518) 869-9100, and Renaissance Albany Hotel (144 State St, Albany, NY 12207) at (518) 992-2500 are three other possibilities.